Xiaomi’s subsidiary brand Redmi announced its latest flagship Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro in India and China. The Xiaomi phone usually gets great developer support and a couple of Custom ROMs are already available for the device. Redmi K20 Pro features FullHD+ AMOLED display with 60hz refresh rate but using the latest MOD you can overclock the refresh rate to 75Hz.
Asus ROG Phone 2 just announced with 120hz display and getting a lot of praises because of its smoothness and performance. OnePlus also announced OnePlus 7 Pro with 90Hz display which gives a great experience in real life. Although Redmi K20 Pro comes with 60hz display refresh rate, Overclocking is possible.
Note: Overclocking may damage the display. So try it at your own risk.
Redmi K20 Pro 75Hz Display MOD
Here’s what you will need
- Redmi K20 Pro (Obviously)
- Bootloader Unlocked
- TWRP Installed/ ROOTED
How to Use
- BOOT to TWRP by pressing the power key and volume up key simultaneously
- Select Backup
- Here Select only the DTBO partition
- Select Storage location and click on backup.
- Now, Download MOD file –> Copy it on your phone.
- Boot to TWRP
- Select Install –> Install Image –> Select MOD File
- SELECT DTBO partition to flash the file to
- Swipe right to flash.
You will see the immediate change after reboot. If you want to get back to the previous version then simply flash the DTBO file from backup. The 75hz display should drain the battery faster so you will notice that too.
You can also overclock the display of Redmi K20 by following the same guide but you will need a different MOD for that. Follow this guide to overclock Redmi K20 device.
- How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi K20 Pro
- Redmi Shared Interesting Information About the Upcoming 64MP Camera
- How to Remove Your Face Data from FaceApp Server
Join our Telegram channel for instant tech updates and smartphone news. Also, you can follow us on our Facebook page.