Xiaomi is often quick to mimic a new feature from the different operating system. MIUI 10 is not everyone’s cup of tea. Some people like it while some people dig into it. But, it is worth to note that the company is making it more productive.
With the MIUI 10 released in the previous year, the company has redesigned a whole user interface. And so moving eyes over notification panel, it is now minimal and allows the user to access quick toggles even more easily. Now, you can customize even more in your MIUI handset. Also, some of you might wonder, but, you can get the same notification panel and quick settings on any of your Android device.
I use Redmi Note 7 Pro with no custom ROM installed. You know how tall the phone is. And it becomes a bit of hard to reach on the top with one hand. But thanks to Xiaomi, I can pull down notification panel with one swipe anywhere on the home screen. Although, literally I wanted something easier. Like swiping up from bottom exactly similar to ‘old’ iOS control center.
MIUI-ify – Notification Shade
MIUI-ify – Notification Shade does exactly the same. The app allows you to access notification panel and quick toggles from the bottom. Not only that, but you can add further quick toggles including music volume bar, ring volume bar, etc.
The application is available for free in Google Play Store.
- Notification Shade
- Control all notifications
- Reply, open, dismiss, interact and manage
- Full-color customization
- Dynamic colors
- Bottom Status bar
- Move your device’s status bar to the bottom of the screen
- Full support for notification and system setting icons
- Full-color personalization
- Blacklist: hide the status bar in specific apps
- Quick settings tiles
- 40+ different settings
- Add any app or URL as a shortcut in the panel
- Layout: Change the number of tile rows and columns
- Sliders: Screen brightness, ringtone, alarm, notifications, and media volume
- MIUI 10 themed
- Handle trigger area
- Customizable position and size so it doesn’t interfere with navigation gestures
- Options to hide in landscape and fullscreen
- Blacklist: hide the handle trigger in specific apps
- Other customizations
- Blur the background
- Change the colors of the panel background and the quick setting icons
- Add a background image to the panel
- Select an app icon pack
- Match the navigation bar color to the footer color
- Dark mode
- Integration with Tasker
- Backup and Restore your customizations
- Extra features (Require Root/ADB)
- Ability to toggle secure system settings such as Mobile Data and Location. These settings can only be toggled with root or a one time ADB command, due to Android’s security restrictions
You would like: These Xiaomi Devices will Get Android Q Update at Earliest
How to Enable MIUI-ify – Notification Panel
Once you have successfully installed it from Google Play Store, launch it on your phone. Skip the traditional processes and get yourself on the home screen of the app.
- Turn on the ‘Service running’ toggle.
- Simple allows the permissions it asks for.
- Change the layout as you like.
- Access it by swipe up from the bottom.
The application brings tons of features. You can do changes whatever you like.
My Opinion for MIUI Users
The devices running on MIUI, this could be as a secondary option. We already have MIUI notification panel and quick settings. So, installing third-party apps is not a good choice though. However, I have tried myself on my device and I found following problems.
- You cannot access panel when you have gestures turned on.
- You cannot access panel once you bring notification panel from the top. I guess it is a bug.
- The brightness toggle is not working perfectly.
It is no secret that Xiaomi is testing MIUI 11 internally in the lab. The…
Xiaomi’s sister brand Poco released Pocophone in August 2018. Poco F1 is still alive on…
Xiaomi often comes with affordable internals at a crazy low price. The current better example…