Ever since we come around Xiaomi devices, there has been significant developer support you always get. Well, so for Redmi K20 Pro. In this, I will show you how to install TWRP on Redmi K20 Pro and Root it using Magisk.
Redmi K20 Pro has already launched in China and the company will soon introduce it in India. Xiaomi allows users to play with the device by providing a bootloader unlock code. You can unlock bootloader right away and install TWRP on your K20 Pro and root it using Magisk. So, that will allow to flash multiple ROMs, play with different custom Kernels and much more.
Before we install TWRP on Redmi K20 Pro, make sure your device bootloader is unlocked. If you need proper guidance, you can follow our another bootloader unlocking guide.
You can install TWRP on Redmi K20 Pro with ease. Follow our steps carefully. Hope you grabbed your device. So, let’s start.
01. Boot your Mobile in fastboot mode. To do so, first turn off your device and once it turned off, tap and hold on the power key and volume down key simultaneously.
02. You will require platforms tool to flash TWRP on Redmi K20 Pro. If you haven’t already, you can download from below. Once downloaded, extract the ZIP file and paste it in C-drive of your computer in a new folder and name that folder as ‘adb’.
02. Download TWRP File and rename TWRP File to – recovery.img. Copy and paste that recovery.img file to the ‘adb’ folder in C-drive.
03. Now, connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable in Fastboot mode. Once connected, you have to give some commands as I have written below through command prompt (cmd). You can take help of my screenshot attached below. So, open a command prompt and follow the commands.
After giving the last command, your device must show on the screen.
04. Now type the final command to install TWRP.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
05. That’s It. Now, Hold Volume Up and Power Key For Several Second to Boot into Recovery.
Root Your Redmi K20 Pro Using Magisk
01. Download Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager Files from Official Github page. You can also use the alternate download link.
02. Boot into TWRP and Tap on Install button.
03. Find the Magisk Zip file and select it.
04. Swipe the slider to flash and Reboot the device once it’s done.
05. Now, Just install the Magisk Manager Application. You’re Done Here; Your Device is Rooted.
Join our Telegram channel for instant tech updates and smartphone news. Also, you can follow us on our Facebook page.