WhatsApp has finally announced the most awaited feature WhatsApp Payment in India to compete with applications like PhonePe, PayTM, Amazon Pay, and many more. According to the sources it’s based on UPI so anyone with a UPI id can use it to transfer the fund. There are a total of 400 million users in India and WhatsApp has rolled out the update for the 20 million in the first phase according to the rules. If you haven’t received the update then just chill on the couch for a few days and keep reading How to Use WhatsApp Payment in India so you know whenever it comes on your device.
Before we move to the method, please make sure you have the latest version of the WhatsApp application. If not then make sure to update it from the play store. The update has rolled out for almost everyone but the company has not pushed a server-side update for everyone it may not be available for your device.
How to Use WhatsApp Payment in India
- Open the WhatsApp application and click on three dots from the top right corner.
- Here you will see a new option called, “Payment” click that and add the payment method.
- For now, WhatsApp supports five major banks in India: ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, the State Bank of India, and Jio Payments Bank, with more banks in line to be on the list.
- Verify the account by entering the OPT and you will be able to send the payment.
- To send the money, just open the chatbox and select payment from the options.