Realme launched Realme 3 Pro and Realme C2 last month which offers solid specifications at the competitive pricing. Realme promised that it will provide bootloader unlocking to its Realme 3 Pro device. The company sticking to its promises. Now you can unlock the bootloader of your Realme 3 Pro and install TWRP recovery.
With an unlocked bootloader, you can now flash TWRP recovery. Then after you can add tweaks to your Realme 3 Pro device. Well, as we can see how the custom ROMs are being developed for this device, you can download flash them right away. But, the first requirement is to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP recovery on Realme 3 Pro.
Right Brothers is all about sharing legit and working steps. But, in case if anything messed up with your device by following the wrong step, it could damage your device. And Right Brothers won’t be responsible for that.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 3 Pro
What You Will Need
- Realme 3 Pro with 60% or more charge
- USB Cable
- PC/ Laptop
- Unlock Tool APK: Download it and install it on your device.
Note: Once you unlock the bootloader the Widevine certificate will be changed to L3. That means you won’t be able to watch online content in FullHD/ HD Resolution.
Before you begin the process you must have to follow some necessary steps to avoid accidents.
- The bootloader unlocking process will erase all of your data. So, take a full backup of your device. Just in case if you don’t want to know how to take backup then you can simply move all files to your computer. That also works.
- Make sure your device has a minimum charge of 70%.
- Remember the device PIN or Password which you use to unlock your device.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 3 Pro
01. Open unlock tool.
02. Click “Start applying”.
03. Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application.
04. The application will be checked by our servers.
05. Within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool APK will show the status of the unlock request – if it shows the unlocking is successful, please proceed to the following step.
06. You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot automatically. The following string will display on the screen: fast boot_unlock_verify ok
07. Download and install the fastboot tool on your PC use a cable to connect the phone to the PC. In Fastboot mode use engineering command to unlock the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
08. On your phone press the Volume Up key to select “Unlock” (or press the Volume Down key if you have changed your mind to select “Do not unlock bootloader”).
09. When you click the Volume Up, you will enter the new interface showed below.
10. Then enter command “fastboot reboot”. Then the phone will reboot and enter the in-depth test mode – all user data on the phone will be erased – we recommend you perform a data backup prior to applying.
Make sure to take a full backup of your device before performing the task. This process will delete all the data from your phone.
Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 3 Pro
01. Boot your Mobile in fastboot mode. To do so, first turn off your device and once it turned off, tap and hold on the power key and volume down key simultaneously. Now, connect your device to your PC using cable.
02. You will require platforms tool to flash TWRP. If you haven’t already, you can download from below. Once downloaded, extract the ZIP file and paste it in C-drive of your computer in a new folder and name that folder as ‘adb’.
02. Download TWRP File and rename TWRP File to – recovery.img. Copy and paste that recovery.img file to the ‘adb’ folder in C-drive.
03. Now, connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable in Fastboot mode. Once connected, you have to give some commands as I have written below through command prompt (cmd). You can take help of my screenshot attached below. So, open a command prompt and follow the commands.
After giving the last command, your device must show on the screen.
04. Now type the final command to install TWRP.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Just in case if this command doesn’t work, you can try the following the command.
./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
05. Once you get OKAY written on the screen, you can continue to reboot your device in TWRP recovery by giving the following command.
fastboot boot recovery.img
06. Now, you are in TWRP, you can continue to flash Custom ROM on your Realme 3 Pro device.
If you still have any question or problem, feel free to ask me in comments below. I would love to help you by giving you a quick reply.