Whenever you purchase a new Xiaomi device, you get a ton of bloatware installed on your device and admit it you want to uninstall them but some apps you cannot because there is no uninstall button in app management settings. You might think it will require the root access or bootloader unlocked to remove bloatware and you take back steps. In this post, I will show you how to remove Xiaomi MIUI bloatware with some easy steps.
Well, it is easy to remove MIUI bloatware. And there is no need of Root, Unlocked Bootloader and even no need to use command prompt on your computer. Because there is another method where you have to give some commands using ADB tools to remove bloatware. So, the method is pretty simple. Make sure you follow steps correctly. At the end, you will be able to remove Xiaomi bloatware with ease.
Remove MIUI Bloatware with Ease
01. First things first, enable developer options on your Android.
Go to Settings -> About phone -> Tap 7 times on ‘MIUI version‘. You will get a message of You are now a developer!
02. Enable USB Debugging in Developer options.
Go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options -> Turn on USB Debugging.
03. Download JAVA SE Development Kit on your computer.
- Go to the development kit download page.
- Download according to your system. For Windows, Linux or MacOS. Make sure you have to download .exe file instead of .ZIP file in case of Windows.
- Now, complete the installation process on your computer.
04. Download the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot tool.
- Click onto this link to go on ADB/Fastboot tool download page.
- Download the file having an extension .jar.
05. Once downloaded, open that .jar file. If your computer asks a dialogue box that might show you software to choose to open that file, then select the Java SE Development software. You should get the following screen after it opened.
06. Connect your device using a USB cable. You will get a pop-up on your device screen asking for authorization. Just tap on ok.
It will automatically detect your device and show you the list of applications installed.
07. Just select the applications you want to uninstall and click on the Uninstall button located below. It will uninstall apps from MIUI.
Hope you liked this method. But still, if you are facing any problem. You can leave a comment below.
- How to Move Android Quick Settings to Bottom For Easier Access
- How to Get Google Playground on Redmi Note 7 Pro with AR Core Support
Join our Telegram channel for instant tech updates and smartphone news. Also, you can follow us on our Facebook page.
Awesome! Thankyou all you brainy guys behind these tools!
Wow! The method really worked for me. By the way, is this works on all Xiaomi devices running on MIUI?
Yes, it will work on all Xiaomi devices running on MIUI.
Hey, it worked. Thanks a lot.
Thanks for the update, pal. 🙂
Will it void warranty
Nah mate, it won’t do anything with device warranty.
I can’t get any pop-up on my redmi note 7…
Please help me…
Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging in developer options. It won’t show if it is disabled.
When I click on JAR file, it opens, however there is a pop-up:
ERROR: Can’t find ADB/Fastboot!
Somehow it got solved by itself, i sadly don’t know how to help others.
Now I just hope I won’t delete something that would brick my phone 😀
Followed all the steps, Its displaying this:
Unauthorised device found!
Please allow USB debugging!
Additionally there is no pop up on the mobile. Please guide
You will have to enable USB debugging through Developer Options.
just download os specific.zip instead of .jar
Not working with java se 11.0.5 it just hangs
Romeo you Kindly get laest version of ADB/Fastbot tool
Comments are closed.