Pixel Experience is one of the popular custom ROMs. It may be known for its minimal look and not having bloatware because it is directly ported out from Google Pixel devices. Now, an unofficial Pixel Experience ROM is available for Realme 3 Pro and you can flash it right now. So, in this post, I will show how you can install pixel experience ROM on your Realme 3 Pro.
For reference, Realme 3 Pro packs Snapdragon 710 processor under the hood. It is really good to see development support for Realme 3 Pro. And this new Pixel Experience ROM released on July 20.
It is super easy to flash this ROM on a device if you follow steps properly without fail. Now, because this is a flashing tutorial, I won’t go in deep with every step. I am assuming you are aware of TWRP recovery. In fact, your device has the bootloader unlocked and TWRP installed.
In order to begin the process, you will have to download some necessary files on your computer. I have attached download links below. So, simply download them and put them in one folder.
Before we proceed huge shoutout for developers TheImpulsion and Harsh. I am really happy they developed this ROM fast and made it available for Realme 3 Pro users.
Build: Unofficial Pixel Experience
Release Date: July 20, 2019
Known Bug: Fingerprint sensor not working
How to Install Pixel Experience on Realme 3 Pro
01. Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP
But, if you are a noob and not aware of these all things and you haven’t unlocked bootloader and not installed TWRP, I would highly recommend going on our article where you will find the video as well as written steps.
02. Download ROM and Firmware
I guess you have successfully installed TWRP on your device. To play with the custom ROM, first, download ROM from the link attached below.
- Pixel Experience ROM; Release Date: July 20, 2019 – Download | From Source Froge; Size: 577MB
Right Brothers is all about sharing legit and working steps. But, in case if anything messed up with your device by following the wrong step, it could damage your device. And Right Brothers won’t be responsible for that.
03. Installation Process
Alright, I hope you have successfully downloaded everything in your computer. Now, here’s main step comes. The installation process is quite complicated so make sure you move exactly as I have mentioned the steps below. So, let’s get started.
#1. Turn Off your device.
#2. Enter into TWRP
Now, we have to enter into TWRP recovery. To do that, press and hold down the power key and Volume up key simultaneously until you get that Redmi logo on the screen.
#3. First, take Backup of all of your data using TWRP.
Backup is not necessary to take but just in case if you get an error while installing Lineage ROM, you can reinstall this back up and continue using stock ROM.
- Tap on ‘Backup’.
- On the next screen, there should all three options selected out of four: Boot, Data, and System.
- Simply swipe the button to the right and let the backup process start.
- It usually takes 10-15 minutes depending upon your backup data.
#4. Transfer Backup to your computer
- Connect your device with the computer using a data cable.
- Your device should automatically appear in your computer’s ‘This PC’.
- Open your device internal storage and go into ‘TWRP’ folder.
- Copy ‘Backup’ folder and paste it somewhere on your computer.
#5. Wipe all data to begin the ROM installation process.
- Go back to the main screen of TWRP.
- Tap on ‘Wipe’.
- Hit the ‘Advance Wipe’ on the next screen.
- Select the following options: Dalvik Cache, System, Data. There is no need for wiping internal storage. In the majority of cases, it works.
- Slide the button to the right to wipe all the data.
#6. Move Files to Internal Storage if You Have Downloaded in Computer
Once you have wiped all the data, now, simply copy and paste the ZIP file includes ROM to your device internal storage from your computer. And follow the steps to install them.
#7. Install Pixel Experience ROM
- Get back on the main screen of TWRP.
- Tap on ‘Install’.
- Select the ROM ZIP file.
- Swipe the button to begin the installation.
#8. Reboot Device
Reboot your device once the ROM installation finished. Once your device rebooted, you can continue setting up your device.
That wraps up the tutorial on how to install Pixel Experience ROM on Realme 3 Pro. If you have any doubts please do ask in the comment section. I would love to answer.