Poco F1 was launched last year in August at the Rs. 20,999 price tag. The device is already getting a good response from the developer community because of its competitive price tag and Xiaomi’s support to the developers. Also, unlocking bootloader and using custom ROM doesn’t void warranty so that’s another reason this device is developer friendly.
Recently, Developers ported out OxygenOS from OnePlus 6/6T to use it in the Poco F1. OxygenOS is a light Android skin which bundles very useful features and doesn’t have bloats like MIUI. You can flash the OxygenOS on your Poco F1 by following the below method.
- Poco F1 (Obviously)
- Bootloader Unlocked and TWRP Installed – Guide, TWRP Installation guide
- OxygenOS ROM – OnePlus 6T Port | OnePlus 6 Port
- Vendor Patch and IR Face Unlock Module
How to Install OxygenOS on Poco F1
- Reboot to TWRP – Switch off your device, Press and hold power key and volume up key for few seconds.
- Flash latest PIE Firmware and Vendor. (Optional for Custom ROM users)
- Wipe Everything – system, data, cache, dalvik (Take full backup)
- Do Factory Reset to avoid issues (Optional)
- Transfer all the needed file to your Poco.
- Flash OxygenOS ROM first – Gapps included so no need to flash it separately.
- Flash Vendor file (Flash this every time you change vendor).
- Flash IR Face Unlock module (Optional – only if you want to use IR based face unlock)
- Reboot to System.
- Enjoy OxygenOS on Poco F1.
This is early build so the ROM may be buggy. Make sure to take a full backup before you wipe your data. So, you can revert back to your previous ROM if you don’t like the OxygenOS.
We advise to you visit XDA Thread to check out what’s working and what’s not working on this ROM.
(will update soon)