Redmi Note 7 Pro packs Snapdragon 675 chipset under the hood. The device launched by Xiaomi’s spin-off brand Redmi. It is nice to see that ROM development already begun for this device.
It is super easy to flash this ROM on a device if you follow steps properly without fail. Now, because this is a flashing tutorial, I won’t go in deep with every step. I am assuming you are aware of TWRP recovery. In fact, your device has the bootloader unlocked and TWRP installed.
In order to begin the process, you will have to download some necessary files on your computer. I have attached download links below. So, simply download them and put them in one folder.
Before we proceed huge shoutout for developer Dyneteve. I am really happy they developed this ROM fast and made it available for Note 7 Pro users.
Video on All New Features and Changes
01. Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP
But, if you are a noob and not aware of these all things and you haven’t unlocked bootloader and not installed TWRP, I would highly recommend going on our article where you will find the video as well as written steps.
02. Download ROM
I guess you have successfully installed TWRP on your device. To play with the custom ROM, first, download ROM as well as the firmware and Gapps.
- Xiaomi.eu ROM: GDrive – AndroidFileHost – SourceForge
- Download Fcrypt Disabler: AndroidFileHost
03. Installation Process
Alright, I hope you have successfully downloaded ROM on your computer. Now, here’s main step comes. The installation process is quite complicated so make sure you move exactly as I have mentioned the steps below. So, let’s get started.
#1. Turn Off your device.
#2. Enter into TWRP
Now, we have to enter into TWRP recovery. To do that, press and hold down the power key and Volume up key simultaneously until you get that Redmi logo on the screen.
#3. First, take Backup of all of your data using TWRP.
Backup is not necessary to take but just in case if you get an error while installing Lineage ROM, you can reinstall this backup and continue using stock ROM.
- Tap on ‘Backup’.
- On the next screen, there should all three options selected out of four: Boot, Data, and System.
- Simply swipe the button to the right and let the backup process start.
- It usually takes 10-15 minutes depending upon your backup data.
#4. Transfer Backup to your computer.
- Connect your device with the computer using a data cable.
- Your device should automatically appear in your computer’s ‘This PC’.
- Open your device internal storage and go into ‘TWRP’ folder.
- Copy ‘Backup’ folder and paste it somewhere on your computer.
Here I have mentioned how you can restore this backup, just in case if you want to.
#5. Wipe all data to begin the ROM installation process.
- Go back to the main screen of TWRP.
- Tap on ‘Wipe’.
- Hit the ‘Advance Wipe’ on next screen.
- Select all the option except ‘USB-OTG’, ‘Micro-SD’, ‘Internal storage’.
- Slide the button to the right to wipe all the data.
#6. Move File to Internal Storage if You Have Downloaded in Computer
Once you have wiped all the data, now, simply copy and paste all of the ZIP file includes ROM to your device internal storage from your computer. And follow the steps to install them.
#7. Install Xiaomi.eu ROM
- Get on the main screen of TWRP.
- Tap on ‘Install’.
- Select the ROM ZIP file.
- Swipe the button to begin the installation.
#8. Install Fcrypt Disabler
- Now, go back.
- Select Fcrypt Disabler ZIP file.
- Swipe the button to begin the installation.
#9. Reboot Device
Reboot your device once the ROM installation finished. Once your device rebooted, you can continue setting up your device.
If you get any error, then do let me know error code in comments below. I will guide you to the proper solution. Thank you!
Join our Telegram channel to get instant tech updates and smartphone news. Also, you can follow us on our Facebook page.
The Step5 has a flaw (#5. Wipe all data to begin the ROM installation process.)
We should not wipe all, just format the data in normal wiper option of TWRP. Don’t go to advanced wipe at al. the Xiaomi.eu ROM works on top of existing data so if you wipe all data in advanced mode ohone wont boot into os.
I had to install the indian version of recovery ROM from https://en.miui.com/download-360.html#592 and then install the xiaomi.eu rom again.
Well, in my case I have clean flashed ROM. Because I prefer that. I didn’t tried this one. Although, other ROM works this way. No problem at all. I am glad you left comment on this post. Thanks a lot. I would love to add that in my article. By the way, in my case it booted into OS with clean installation. Don’t know why it is not working in your case. 🙁
Comments are closed.