Xiaomi phone doesn’t utilize it’s full strength while you playing games. You might be facing some issue of lags and frame drops while playing games like PUBG, Asphalt or other high graphics game. One of the Xiaomi users found out a method and posted it on Reddit using which you can enable performance in any Xiaomi device.
Note: The Performance mode will drain your battery faster to give you better performance.
Method #1 (Computer Required)
- Download the ADB fastboot and drivers to your PC from here.
- Extract the files to a folder somewhere easy to remember into one folder.
- On your Xiaomi device enable developer options and then enable USB debugging.
- Plug your phone into your PC with the original USB cable.
- Open the folder up where you extracted the files too and double click on “cmd-here.exe” and it will open up a command prompt window.
- In the command prompt window type “adb devices” and wait for the daemon to start.
- Unlock your phone while still leaving it plugged in and you will see an option asking it to allow USB debugging to this computer, just choose OK.
- back in the command prompt window now type “adb shell” and wait for the new line to load.
- Type in this command and press enter “am start -n com.android.settings/com.android.settings.fuelgauge.PowerModeSettings”
- On your phone, you will see a popup on the bottom asking you what mode you want to enable. tap on performance mode and tap OK.
Method #2 (No Computer Required)
- Download Activity Launched APK From PlayStore.
- Open the application and tap on Recent Activities
- Select ‘All Activities’
- Find: ‘com.android.settings.fuelgauge.PowerModeSettings‘
- Hold it and Create Shortcut
- Now you can switch between Performance mode and power mode by clicking on that shortcut.
That’s It. The performance mode is now enabled. Xiaomi disabled this feature from the latest MIUI to give you better battery life compromising performance.
If you liked our content, then make sure to follow us on Telegram and subscribe to our newsletter now so you don’t missout any updates.