Facebook is working on a dark mode for facebook messenger, it’s it true AMOLED dark mode. But its hidden right now so if you want then you can enable it by following the below steps. A few days back Facebook introduced new UI for facebook messenger and a dark mode is hidden in that. So follow the steps below if you want to enable dark mode.
UPDATE [February 01, 2019]: Facebook is now officially rolling out Dark Mode in Messenger application.
To enable dark mode simply follow the steps I have written below. No need to follow any complicated steps mentioned in this article.
- If you haven’t already, make sure to update Messenger application from the Google Play Store.
- Now, open Messenger and get yourself into any chat room with your friends.
- Once you are in the chat room, simply send the moon emoji (?) in chat. Messenger will automatically turn on the dark mode.
- That’s it!
- Rooted Android Device using Magisk or Super SU
- Unknown Sources Enabled
Install Messenger Beta Application
First, Install the facebook messenger beta from the link given below. As the dark mode is hidden in the latest beta you need to install the latest version. If you’re a beta tester then you can update the app from the playstore and if you’re not the beta tester the download from here.
Download Facebook Messenger Beta
Once the download completes, Install it on your Android device and log in using your email and password.
Download Terminal Emulator Application
Terminal Emulator application is freely available on the playstore, click the link below and install the application on your Android device.
- Now, Open Terminal Emulator App and type “su” and hit enter on your keyboard.
- It will ask to allow the root permission. Here tap on a grant.
- Now copy the below command and paste it in the terminal emulator app.
am start -n "com.facebook.orca/com.facebook.abtest.gkprefs.GkSettingsListActivity"
- You will be redirected to facebook messenger hidden flags.
- Here tap on Search Gatekeepers
- write ‘dark’ and tap on Ok.
- Next screen will show you the search result of the dark.
- Enable everything related to dark. It will show YES written.
- Now, just go back and Open facebook messenger.
- Tap on profile icon and enable dark mode from there.
- That’s It, You will now see the Facebook Messenger in dark mode.
Join our Telegram channel for instant tech updates and smartphone news. Also, you can follow us on our Facebook page.