Huawei and Honor smartphone users can now apply to try beta updates on their smartphones. Huawei has just announced that it will be releasing the EMUI 9 beta updates soon for eligible devices. Right now, the company is taking submissions for EMUI 9 Beta updates.
There is also good news for all Honor users as well. The company is taking the Honor smartphones in, to try out Beta updates.
The list of Huawei phones will be getting the Beta updates is as follows;
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Pro
While, for Huawei’s sub-brand, following device users are eligible to apply;
- Honor 10
- Honor View 10
- Honor Play
- Honor 8X
Please do note, the company has not revealed yet in which countries the beta program will be available. So, it means, right now, the company is accepting the request from all users across the world. From them, the company will pick some limited users to try out the Beta version on their smartphones. So, if you want to apply, simply follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Apply for Android 9 Pie Based EMUI 9 Beta Program
To join the EMUI 9 Beta program, you will require the Huawei’s Friendly User Test app.
- Download Huawei’s Friendly User Test application.
- Install the app on your Android device.
- After installed, it will ask for terms and conditions, accept it to move forward.
- You will need to log in using your HW ID. If you haven’t already, you can make it.
- Once you are logged in, go to Personal > Join Project
- You should get a list of available projects. Select EMUI 9 beta program.
- Now, tap on Sign up and that’s it.
Now, you should get the EMUI 9 OTA update in software updates window. If you just don’t get the OTA update then don’t worry. It will be received when the company will roll out for that device. Because already Huawei users are complaining that they are not getting the OTA update in Mate 10 smartphones. Furthermore, the report also suggests that Huawei will have only 100 slots per country.
Let us know, you got an update or not in the comment section below. If you are facing any problem then you can comment below.