Xiaomi recently announced MIUI 12 based on Android 10 for the few devices at the Mi 10 Youth Edition in China. The latest firmware will be available for the selected device at the first and one of the devices is Redmi K20 Pro. However, Developers of Poco F1 already ported out firmware to try on their device. You can head over to the XDA if you’re interested in that. Well, The MIUI 12 wallpapers are already available to download for your Android device, you can just skip to the bottom of the article to download it.
MIUI 12: What’s New
As we all know MIUI 12 brings a lot of new features on the deck along with the new design and UI changes.
- Dark Mode 2.0: The new version of dark mode solves many bugs and further adding new features such as wallpaper dimming and text contrasts.
- Sensory Visual Design: The new setting page will show things such as battery percentage or storage space in the form of graphs.
- Super-Earth and Mars Wallpaper: The company has created a high precision AI model of the earth and mars which can be used as the live wallpapers on their Xiaomi devices.
- New Animation: Xiaomi has changed animation style and speed by replacing it with some realistic animation.
- New Gesture: MIUI 12 brings some cool and useful gestures on board such as swiping down on the notification to see it completely instead of opening an application.
- Health Tracking: The new welcome feature will keep an eye on your walking, running, cycling, and climbing stairs – The only thing you need to do is keep your device in the pocket.
- AI calling: The alternative to the Google’s call screening is now available with the MIUI 12. Although, It’s unclear whether this feature will be available outside of China.
- Enhanced privacy: As the name suggests, MIUI 12 brings improved privacy settings onboard. It will let you choose if you want a particular app to allow location in the background or only while using an app (Similar to Android 10).
MIUI 12 Wallpapers
Xiaomi introduced Super-Earth and Super Mars wallpapers with MIUI 12 and it is one of my favorite wallpapers so far. You can check the below promo recorded by the Mishal R. Rahman in case you’re not aware of the new wallpapers.
How to Install MIUI 12 Wallpapers
- Your device needs to be running Android 8.1 or higher version to use
- Download Google Wallpaper application from the play store (Not necessary)
- Download the ZIP file from the link given below.
- Install it on your device and you can set the wallpaper from the stock wallpaper picker.
- If it doesn’t show wallpaper there, then you have to download Google Wallpapers and you can see those walls over there and set it manually.
XDA Developers has ported out this application from MIUI 12 running devices, so full credit goes to them. In case you’re having an issue downloading or installing a file then let me know in the comments below.