Today on 17th October Asus launched two new devices targetting low-end smartphones market to compete with Xiaomi, Realme, and Lenovo (I doubt that). Asus Launched Zenfone Max M1 and Zenfone Lite L1 both priced below Rs. 8,000.
|Key Specifications||Asus Zenfone Max M1||Asus Zenfone Lite L1|
|Display||5.45-inch IPS LCD||5.45-inch IPS LCD|
|Screen Resolution||HD+ 720×1440 pixels, 18:9||HD+ 720×1440 pixels, 18:9|
|Operating System||Android 8.1 Oreo with ZenUI||Android 8.1 Oreo with ZenUI|
|Processor||Octa-core 1.4GHz||Octa-core 1.4GHz|
|Chipset||Snapdragon 430||Snapdragon 430|
|GPU||Adreno 505||Adreno 505|
|Expandable Storage||Yes, 256GB||Yes, 256GB|
|Rear Camera||13MP, f/2.0||13MP, f/2.0, LED Flash|
|Front Camera||8MP, f/2.0, LED Flash||5MP, LED Flash|
|Dimensions||147.3 x 70.9 x 8.7mm||147.3 x 71.1 x 8.1mm|
|Sim Card Type||Dual SIM||Dual SIM|
|Price||Rs. 8,999||Rs. 6,999|
- Build Quality of Max M1 and Lite L1: Both the Zenfone Max M1 and Zenfone Lite L1 have a simple design language with metallic finish back panel with the camera module and a full-screen display at the front. Only the Max M1 also has a fingerprint scanner at the back. The phones are lightweight and compact so they can be used by one hand very easily. Overall, the phones look good, but not that premium.
- Display: Both the phones sport a similar 5.45-inch IPS LCD display with an HD+ screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. Further, they sport 18:9 aspect ratio so there are fewer bezels on either side. The brightness of the display is good and colors are also well and sunlight visibility is also okay.
- Fingerprint Sensor: The Zenfone Max M1 comes with a back-mounted fingerprint sensor which is fast.
- Camera Quality: The Zenfone Max M1 comes with a single rear camera. It has a 13 MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture and LED flash. There is an 8MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture. The Zenfone Lite L1 comes with a single rear camera. It has a 13 MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture and LED flash. There is a 5MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture.
- Camera Mods available: The Zenfone Max M1 and Lite L1 rear cameras support Portrait mode, HDR imaging, and Beauty mode. The front cameras also come with Portrait Mode and Beauty modes.
- Processor: Both the new Zenfone Max M1 and Lite L1 are powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor clocked at 1.4GHz and coupled with Adreno 505 GPU.
- RAM and Storage Variant: The Zenfone Max M1 comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, while Zenfone Lite L1 has 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage.
- Expandable Storage?: Yes, the internal storage in both phones is expandable up to 256GB with the help of a dedicated microSD card slot.
- Battery Size: The Zenfone Max M1 is powered by a 4,000 mAh non-removable battery, while Lite L1 is powered by a 3,000mAh battery. They don’t support fast charging.
- Android Version: Both the phones run Android Oreo 8.1 out of the box with Asus’ ZenUI on top.
- Price and availability: The Zenfone Max M1 has been priced at Rs. 8,999 for the only 3GB/32GB variant but it will be available at Rs. 7,499 as an introductory offer. The price of Zenfone Lite L1 is Rs. 6,999 but it will be available for Rs. 5,999 only during the festive season.