Asus just announced their new Zenfone family member – Zenfone 6. The device is seems aimed to take on new OnePlus 7 and Xiaomi Mi 9 which offers flagship internals as well as new unformed design at the quite decent pricing.
Quite Impressed with the Flip Camera Tech
Don’t worry we got you covered with the complete specification sheet at the bottom of this article. However, during its official launch event, the most things for what I was excited is the new camera technology. As we know, the phone doesn’t have notch design, instead, the company has put the flip camera solution.
Honestly, it would be really interesting to know how it actually works from inside. And I am working on it. The article should drop within 24 hours. However, coming on the camera module, it houses a pair of two camera sensors – 48MP and 13MP sensor. The module can be set on any angle required in between 0 to 180-degrees. The angle can be set using volume key as well as a soft button from the screen.
The company has also revealed results of a lab test during its official launch. The camera module can survive until the 100000 flips. That makes 28 flips every day for 5 years. However, we cannot depend on this. Real-world usage will prove it. As we have in case of Samsung Galaxy Fold.
Larger Display with Better Internals
Asus Zenfone 6 sports notchless 6.4-inch edge-to-edge display with the Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. The display has a 19.5:9 aspect ration and offers 92% screen-to-body ratio. That means you will still get a very small chin. But folks, don’t be sad, it has an IPS LCD display rather than OLED. Don’t know why Asus didn’t move for OLED one.
Asus has this time added a new third key to the phone which is called Smart Key. With this key user can trigger Google Assistant. Not only that, they can change the action as well with the new designed ZenUI.
The phone packs mighty Snapdragon 855 chipset and Adreno 640 GPU. There will be different options for RAM and internal storage. Also, considering the storage it is UFS 2.1. To power up everything the company has installed 5000 mAh battery with Quick charge 4.0. However, it comes with the 18W charger in the box.
- Display: 6.46-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD Display, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 6 Protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- CPU: Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6GB/ 8GB (LPDDR4X)
- Internal Storage: 64GB/ 128GB/ 256GB (UFS 2.1)
- Camera Setup (Rotating Camera): 48MP (Sony IMX586) with f/1.8 aperture + 13MP 125-degree Wide Angle with f/2.4 aperture
- Battery: 5000mAh with Quick Charge 4.0 Support with 18W charger in the box
- OS: ZenUI over Android Pie
- Fingerprint Sensor: Rear Mounted
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 190g
- Other: 3.5mm audio jack, 5-magnet stereo speaker, Dual NXP smart amp, dual microphones, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
Colors and Pricing
The phone will be available in two different color options – Midnight Black and Twilight Silver.
Talking about pricing it is as follows:
- 6GB / 64GB: 499 Euros
- 6GB / 128GB: 559 Euros
- 8GB / 256GB: 599 Euros
Please don’t convert this pricing into Indian currency. European prices for smartphones are always higher. The phone starts at just $499 in the United States. Since this is not officially unveiled.
The story is developing…