Earlier this week, Redmi finally announced its Redmi K20 Series smartphone at the event in China. Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro offer great specifications at a very competitive price. The devices come with Android Pie based on MIUI 10 out the box and the first Android Q Beta is now available to download for Redmi K20 Pro users.
Redmi K20 Pro is only launched in China at this moment and that’s why Android Q Beta is only for China and doesn’t include Google Play Services. The Android Q Beta is also available for other Xiaomi devices like Xiaomi Mi9 and Xiaomi Mix 3 5G.
Since Android Q Beta ROM is in beta stage you may face some issue after flashing it on your device. However, If you want stable experience then we suggest you to use the Android Pie build for a while.
What’s Not Working
- Fingerprint recognition isn’t working for now.
- The Settings app crashes when a user tries to access the “Apps and Notifications” menu with the “Settings have stopped running” error.
- Switching between users is not available.
- Google Drive video download does not show the video length in the photo library in some cases.
- Bluetooth doesn’t detect certain keyboards including the Logitech K380.
Well, If you don’t mind having the following bugs then you can download and flash manually on your Redmi K20 Pro device.
It’s good to see Subsidiary brand like Redmi is pushing earlier beta updates for the users. Android Q Stable version will release sometime in August so the stable version will be available after 3-4 month prior to Android Q release.